Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fat Lip

I've been meaning to put this awful little image up for your perusing pleasure (for the record, this was after she had her face carefully wiped and inspected). In a sibling spat, Gillian shoved Addie into the bathtub faucet. Addie started screaming, face covered in blood. I freaked a little but tried to keep it together (and hoped, HARD, that there we no missing teeth-there weren't). It was interesting how ashamed Gillian was of what happened. She couldn't look at us, and kept crying. I was frustrated with her reacting physically to Addie when she was mad, but truly I was much more overwhelmingly sorry to see just HOW MUCH she didn't mean to hurt Addie. But, it was a great opportunity for me to teach Gillian why we don't push, or hit, or grab things from someone-unintended terrible things can happen, and do every day. Needless to say, there has been no physical ugliness in this house since this incident 2.5 weeks ago, and I hope that memory lives long in Gillian's mind.

0 comments: