Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Toddler Property Laws

I received this list of Laws at Gillian's 2 year doc appt on Monday. It certainly applies to Gillian's world view at this moment. As a matter of fact, she is almost a caricature of a two year old, she's SO two. Belligerant, stubborn, opinionated...but we'll take the bad with the oodles of good. So, here goes:

TODDLER PROPERTY LAWS AT 24 MONTHS

1. If I like it- it's MINE
2. If it's in my hand- it's MINE
3. If I can take it- it's MINE
4. If I had it a little while ago- it's MINE
5. If it's mine it must never appear to be YOURS in any way
6. If I'm building or otherwise doing something- all the pieces are MINE
7. If it looks just like mine- it's MINE
8. If I saw it first- it's MINE
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes MINE
10. If it's broken or damaged in some way- it's YOURS!

0 comments: