Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SO BIG!

Today Gillian is two. I wanted to write some spiritually moving thing about her being two, to express some existential wisdom about this motherhood thing. But alas, I am too tired for all of that. Suffice it to say she has changed my world in the most fundamental way, mostly for the better. A few thoughts, though, because today is a very special day...to my girl. Happy Birthday.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You came to me full of angels
Full of breath
To remind me how to gasp for life again

You stayed with me
Though treacherous and winding paths
Pushed us off course

You walk with me
And remind me the sublimity and tiny beauties to be found
In our slow journeys

You try me
And in those moments, pure electric passion-lightening, slashing the sky-
I love your spirit

You sing to me
And remind me to find my voice
After all this time

We dance together, you and I
Every day, moving, and living
Every day, deeper and redder
You have taken permanent residence in this secret space

0 comments: