Monday, May 26, 2008

Young

There was a moment today when I realized that I couldn't wait until Gillian woke up so we could go to the playground. I love how she lights up when you say, "Gilly, do you want to go to the Park?!? To the swing?!? On the slide!?!". It occurred to me that there was nothing I would rather be doing than swinging next to her, bouncing on the jungle gym bridge while singing, or sliding down the slide next to her and racing back to the stairs to do it again! We made a sand castle. We laid on our backs in the grass and looked up at the sky. Gillian makes me remember the joy of being in the moment in the most basic sense. I guess I never realized how much I would love just hanging out with my girl, and I'm counting my blessings. People use to always tell me, "this is the best time of your life" as I was growing up. I beg to differ. The best time of my life to date is either now, as a mother who relishes every second of this precious time with my child, or when I was Gillian's age (before school or homework, or mean girls, or responsibility). From what I see with Nonni and Grandaddy, I would guess being a grandparent is the next best thing...



Another giant bit happy-(besides the amazingly warm weather we have had the past two days)-these past four days, GILLIAN IS EATING!!!! And not just a little nibbling. I mean, she is acting like she has been deprived of food her entire life and is just now discovering the wonder of all things edible. Today she had yogurt, toast, cheese, graham crackers, black beans and cheese, macaroni and cheese, chicken, bananas (TWO of them!), and two chicken nuggets. What?!? Go on with your hungry little self! They say that if your kid doesn't eat one day, they will make up for it another. I didn't realize the same goes for weeks at a time. Whatever the cause-we are grateful.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

beautiful reminder to love every minute...thanks! and congrats Gilly on the eating more than crackers thing- that is HUGE as far as toddler world goes :)
Great to see you last night!!

Martha said...

So glad to hear you guys are getting to enjoy such quality time outdoors, and that she has turned into an eating machine! GO, GILLIAN!!!