Monday, March 26, 2007

Random thought

I never notice the age of this building like when I try to quietly move through our place when Gillian is asleep. In some places, I swear the floors are so thin from 100 years of sanding that I might just fall through one day. Until then, like an expanse of landmines, I will continue to try to make mental maps of where the creakiest floorboards are, and do my best to avoid them-particularly at nighttime and during naps (which is almost all the time). See? Even walking and not waking the baby takes a game plan. Parental life is complicated. I am told it only gets more so. I wait in breathless anticipation.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's me... Marcy (from ovu). I thought I would stop by and see how the bean was doing and had to laugh out loud at this one. I do the same thing (our house is 70 this year). One big step out of Griffy's door to avoid the first loud creak... another around the post of my side of the bed... and be careful in front of the tv in our room. Why do our rooms have to be so close?!?!?! One wrong step and super-sonic earboy is awake and ready to party.

Keep the posts coming....