Friday, October 28, 2011

Mischief-a few ditties

We were in the car the other night coming home from Amanda's where she fed us all dinner when Addie asked for her "doddle" (bottle). I gave it to her and Gillian commenced to teach Addie to say the word properly. "Addie, Buh-Buh-BODDLE" she said. Addie parroted back "Buh, Buh, DODDLE!" all triumphant. Gillian patiently repeated the correct pronunciation more than several times, and Addie replied incorrectly each time. Then Gillian said "Addie, DODDLE?" to which Addie, annoyed, retorted, "Not DODDLE, GILLYAN, DODDLE!". So, then Gillian started getting mad because Addie kept saying "Buh-Buh-DODDLE" (and we kept laughing, because Addie was doing it to get under Gillian's skin). So, Gillian plugged her ears and loudly said "LALALALALALALAL". As soon as her fingers came out of her ears, Addie would shout "DODDLE!!!" squealing in delight. Because it was making Gillian nuts.

It's official: Addie is a big smart ass. Already.

I will never capture this on video either, but I don't want to forget that she does it-If I'm holding her and someone else has my attention (in a conversation or me watching Gillian do something at the playground for example), Addie will put her hands on either side of my face and physically turn my head so I am looking at her and she will reiterate the question she wants me to answer or repeat something awesome she wants me to acknowledge. It makes us, and everyone we know, laugh.

She stuck a sticker on my knee while I was in the bathroom the other day. Thursday I was at the doctor, getting examined (think pap smear) when the doctor (from down there) said, "hey, Michelle? Are you aware that you have a tiny soccor ball sticker on your knee?" It gave us a good laugh, but the best part is the reminder that I have these crazy little girls to come home to that decorate my extremities like ninjas...

So, Addie loves to speak in weird voices, play pretend (especially loves playing pretend with toy dogs), make Gillian go ballistic (but is also very concerned if Gillian is sad for unknown reasons and loves to give her kisses and hugs and back pats), and tempt fate with physical acrobatics. She Does Not like sleeping, eating (unless it's cookies and ice cream or chocolate, which she somehow always has an appetite for), taking off her pumpkin hat, being told no, and getting her diaper changed. If I tell her we have to change a diaper before the most awesome array of things she loves most in the world can happen, she takes off down the hallway, cheeky laughter peeling behind her. Nothing is easy, and deference clearly equals weakness or failure...so resist at all costs!

That's not to say Addie doesn't have heart-she does. Seeing a booboo on my hand she said, "Ooooooh, Mama, I'm so sowwy you have a booboo. Want me to kiss it?" Then she kissed my hand, got an evil grin on her face, and proceeded to lick my face and tell me she was a doggie. Well, she tried, at least!

There are so many things I should be sharing and so many sweet little things to love, and SO MANY VIDEOS I HAVEN'T EDITED...(like over a year's worth), but I can't seem to make catching up a priority. There is too much life to be lived...games to be played...moments to be cherished...Maybe when they're both in school I'll get caught up (bwahahahaha).

0 comments: