Thursday, December 9, 2010

My annoying Christmas card order

Because Kodak.com doesn't allow you to CALL customer service, I had to do a live chat when I saw my cards wouldn't SHIP until Dec 14-24th (completely useless):

Gilbert: Hi, my name is Gilbert D.. How may I help you?
Michelle: I am calling in reference to an order for Christmas cards. The free shipping option said they would ARRIVE in 3-10 days, however I got an email today that says they won't SHIP until Dec 14-24th. Obviously, too late for mailing. Can I change it to a same-day pickup or to expedited shipping?
Gilbert: Ok I will be glad to assist you with this.
Gilbert: May I please have your email address or Order ID number so I may look into this for you?
Michelle: [email address]
Michelle: I had no idea the free shipping would be so slow, or I wouldn't have bothered. I saw on my email confirmation that you offer same day local pickup, but didn't realize it was an option.
Gilbert: The KODAK Gallery processing system does not allow orders to be changed or cancelled once they have been placed.
Michelle: So, I spent $27 on cards that may not be able to mail before Christmas? Why don't you tell people this when they order?
Michelle: You aren't losing out on the payment if I pick it up from a local place...
Gilbert: Yes I understand but I am not able to cancel the order once it is placed.
Michelle: I'm not trying to cancel it, I'm trying to expedite the shipping. Can you ask a manager if we can do that?
Gilbert: We are not able to make modifications to the order.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. If you don't get a Christmas cards, I swear it's not (completely) my fault.

0 comments: