Saturday, May 15, 2010

Addie's favorite games*

Addie is a huge fan of peekaboo, and is especially fond of the baby in the mirror (or video camera monitor). The newest game, if I can capture it, is "where's [insert family member name]!?!" and whoever it is raises their arms high in the air and says "Here I am!". Addie is *almost* there with raising her arms and identifying herself. Right now, she squeals and makes a little silly squinty eyed piggy smiley face (the snuffling is what kills me) and shows all of her 7.75 teeth when we say "where's Addie??!!?". I will capture this at some point, because she makes me laugh.

What is really fascinating at this point is how babies never tire of repetition. I can play the same game with her until I am collapse, but unless she's tired or hungry we could do peekaboo or "who's that baby?" all day long. I love the gibberish conversations we are having these days; she is starting to repeat the consonant at beginnings of words, and will make "kkki, kuhh" when she sees the "kitty cat" or "buuh" when she sees babies, bottles, balls, or when she gropes me looking for lunch!!



Our communication, representative conversation, began in ernest two weeks ago when Addie started waving hello and goodbye. Begin warp speed to little girlness.

*Wow, it's amazing how much more I feel like blogging when I am not on a sleep deficit every single night!

1 comments:

Martha said...

She is just adorable! Love all those squeaks and giggles.