Sunday, May 17, 2009

Queen for the Day

Today some friends threw me a party to celebrate motherhood/womanhood. It was lovely. In true baby shower form, we decorated onesies, shared lots of pregnancy/motherhood stories and wisdom, ate and drank, and were merry. Also, Amanda asked everyone present to decorate a square with a wish for the baby that she will stitch into a quilt for her. After most people left, Lara and Amanda made a cast of my pregnant belly...looking at it, I am amazed at my rotundness.
Handmade decorated onesies!
Some of the quilt squares
Newborn diaper cakes in decorative storage containers for the baby's room
Gillian's onesie of her and Baby
My Joplinesque beauty wearing a coronet made by Lara...

I kept thinking that it's really nice for people to make a big deal out of me sometimes (not something I am use to but could easily get use to!). And I kept thinking about how lucky I am to have such remarkable women in my life...

3 comments:

Martha said...

Oh how terribly sweet!! I'm so glad you have people in your life up there who would do something like that for you. Just wish I could have been a part of it. :(

Roxanne said...

What a fun party...wish I coudl have been there to celebrate with you- are you going to paint the belly cast?

Michelle said...

I wish you both could have been here!! My fantasy idea for the belly cast is to do Gillian's belly since she keeps telling me there's a baby in her tummy too and do a big canvas with both bellies on it and paint something weird and cool. I did a giant painting when I was pg with Gillian that I was happy with, soo....