Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday

Today I am 32 weeks 5 days pregnant according to my charts and 33 weeks pregnant by my doctor's estimation. I had an ultrasound today that showed a healthy little baby girl who is in about the 45th percentile for growth for her gestational age, and who was practice breathing (I could actually see her doing it while watching my belly in the waiting room, but didn't believe that's what I was seeing till the tech confirmed it). Her little cheeks look kinda chubby, even! Her weight as estimated to be 4 lbs 12 oz "give or take 12 oz." She now officially weighs more than Gillian weighed after spending 51 days in the NICU. It blows my mind what a difference a couple of weeks makes.

In other news, Gillian is a little ball of energy. We walked to get ice cream after dinner. Well, we walked, Gillian hopped, galloped, and ran. There is something so sweet about our tiny girl running down the sidewalk giggling and talking all her random crazy talk, and wanting to chase us or be chased... and how she pulled rocks from the beach out of her pocket and gave them to me as a present (or how she put four yellow golf balls together yesterday and told me "he's a caterpillar, Mama!"). We saw a man in a dumpster looking for hidden treasures, and Gillian said (in her silliest voice) "what's that man doing in the box!!!?" (to which he laughed). She is pure sunshine most of the time, and I love her. So much.

1 comments:

Martha said...

Hooray for healthy babies! Glad to hear things are still going so well.

But my god, was G really in nicu for 51 days?? That must have been an absolute E T E R N I T Y.