Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother

Last Sunday someone sent me an Onion article about Mother's Day. The title is "Mom Brought to Tears by Thing Picked Up at Airport." It was so clearly written by a parent who understands how thankless a job parenting can be, and how acknowledgement of any kind can reduce you to a weepy blubbering mess...even if that acknowledgement comes in the form of a cheap knick knack bought on the fly at an airport. I find Gillian's little gifts so sweet and so special that I will probably eventually have to get the collection a place to live of its own (temperature controlled storage unit??). I can't bring myself to toss any of it, because every little drawing is so sweet to me. So, of course, the truly planned and executed birthday and mother's day drawings and gifts are exalted to the highest. Here is a "birthday card-book" I got a few weeks ago for my birthday:

 Front cover
 Us playing Princesses
 "Our family at Christmas with TONS of presents" (that last part is wishful thinking)
Us, as mermaids, at "Nonni and Grandaddy's Beach House". This is a pic of how she imagines our vacation coming in June to be when we meet up with Nonni and Grandaddy at Amelia Island. We are all excited to enjoy being with our family! 

Here is a sweet, laminated little keepsake that I got for Mother's Day that Gillian made at school. I love that my favorite flower is listed "dandelion". Well, it's a daffodil, but she got the "D" right!!



So, even though I'm not prone to hysterics, I did get choked up at both of these. Because I can't stop thinking about how incredibly blessed I am. I have these two magical little girls and a husband who is engaged and active and present. It really just doesn't get any better than this.

So, to all of you mamas who have the profound responsibility of raising another human being, and through that experience have moments that make you weepy with grateful tears- Cheers. I wouldn't change a thing about where I am at this moment in any kind of major way. These days, I pray for continued blessings of the variety we have. What a luxury-I take none of it for granted. And I pray for everyone who is not in that place to find the health, peace, and plenty to get there. Love and Love and Love..... ♥ ♥ ♥

1 comments:

Roxanne said...

sweet pics- I LOVE the mermaid one! SHe got mad skillz! Happy Mama's day friendy!