Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Baby B!

Baby B is a GIRL!!!!

Once again, we were convinced this was a boy and she isn't. I am thrilled on so many levels- a) sisterhood is a special bond, and hopefully Gillian and this little one will be close; b) economics; we have all the baby clothes/girl toys we will ever need!! we can keep our guest room because girls can share a room!!; c) laziness; on some level, parenting is parenting is parenting, but there are differences between raising boys and girls, and we already have practice with a girl. Now, we also have a list of pros if this would have been a boy, but needless to say, we could find something to be excited about either way.

Most importantly, she looks great-everything looks healthy. No signs of any abnormalities, everything is measuring appropriately, etc. The tech could have taken her time a little more (she was done lickety split, so no cute moments like with Gillian when we saw her yawn), but the outcome is as good as I could have hoped for. Praise God.

My feet swelled yesterday, instilling much angst in me, since I swelled the first time with Gillian at 19 weeks 6 days after we flew to Atlanta (I had my ultrasound the day before, and remember this vividly). None today, and I'm hoping it means absolutely nothing. Of course, in my paranoia I searched the web for when swelling begins, and it seems it isn't abnormal to start in the 4th month. So, ujaii beathing for me...and lots of praying. I would love to take this little girl home with me when I leave the hospital this go 'round.

Profile:
Photobucket

Gender:
Photobucket

Skeletor...er, um, I mean baby who doesn't have brown fat in her face (yet):
Photobucket

5 comments:

Martha said...

WOO WOO WOO!!!! It's a girl and all looks well! I am SO VERY glad to hear the news. How exciting!!

For what it's worth, I had bad issues with feet swelling for a very big part of my pregnancy with laurel (in spite of frequent breaks with my feet up), but never had problems with BP, and she came a week late. Hopefully there's no correlation...?

sarah said...

yay! girl time! yay for girls!

SO glad all went well...I was eager to check the blog this morning to see if there was news! many congratulations, and many good thoughts about your feet.

xo

Roxanne said...

YEAH!! girls rock!!! so excited for you, we will pray for a great deleivery :) thanx for checking in. Love ya, Rox

Cindy said...

Michelle, look into water aerobics to help with your edema. There's good research that shows that water aerobics helps massage your lymphatic system and rid your body of toxins while pregnant. I did it 3-5 times a week in my 3rd trimester and it was in the 90's and 100's temperature wise and I never had any swelling. I did have swelling earlier in my pregnancy though before I did the water aerobics. I know it sounds awful to get in water when it's cold out but it's really usually warm and nice in the pool. Good luck and congratulations! Cindy

Michelle said...

Cindy-thanks for the tip!! That is a fantastic idea :-) I can't believe we are crazy enough to do this again!