Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Scenes from potty training...




Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd-Adelaide is 100% potty trained. Some nights she even remembers to get up and go and has a dry pull up in the morning (for Gillian, accidents ceased completely somewhere around 4.25ish yeards old). We even went to target a few weeks ago and got her regular big girl cotton underpants (she picked Dora, but if they had Diego, you can bet that would've have been her first choice). She wears big girl underpants except at nap and bed time, when she wears pull ups.

Of course, there were many sweet and pantless moments in the past 2 months since she started toying with potty training... like the night she brought a training potty full of excrement to the kitchen to share her awesomeness with us. She said "Look mama, I did it, ALL.BY.MYSELF!". Since then pooping has morphed into wanting to have me hold her hands if she's having a hard time and holding my hands if I tell her I'm trying to go potty (really it's so I can have some peace and privacy (never ever happens) but she takes it as I am having a rough go of it). But, anyway, she was about the same age as Gillian when she started, unprompted, to go on the potty. She prefers then big potty, and doesn't seem to have any hangups over #1 or #2 on the potty (Gillian had a few months of only wanting to poop in a diaper and pee on the potty). She likes to bid #2 adieu. I think potty training being their idea worked best in our House of The Strong Willed. Now, if I could take the same tact with eating...I'm working on it.

0 comments: