Saturday, November 21, 2009

TEETH!

Addie has been a little neurotic the past week. She has been soaking everyone and everything with drool since the end of September, so I thought it was just the age. But in the past week, it has been almost impossible to get her to sleep, she has been hard to feed, and has not napped well at all. Thinking it might be teeth, we gave her a frozen teether the past few days and she acts like an addict and is all spastic trying to force the entire thing in her mouth. Tonight she chomped while nursing several times, and I had to pull her off...obviously she needed pressure on her gums.

At bedtime she was manically trying to suck on ANYTHING after nursing and getting a bottle so I gave her my finger, and voila, I felt two pointy little razorblades poking through. I thought "WHAT???!!!" She is just 4 months + 11 days old. Gillian, for comparison, was 9.5 months old (7 gestational months) when she got her first teeth. It seems standard that very first teeth are bottom center teeth.

Off to sleep. I am delirious!

1 comments:

Roxanne said...

Crazy!! But my friend's baby had teeth when he was born!!! That is nutz!