Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Negotiater

At bathtime, we always end with Gillian cleaning up her toys and putting them in her basket. Monday night it went down like this:

Me: "OK, Gillian, let's clean up your bath toys..."
Her: "I can't, Mama."
Me: "Why Not?"
Her: (hands under armpits, arms crossed) "I don't have any hands. See?"
Me: "What are these?" I asked, gesturing at her fingers.
Her: "Those are fingers. Not hands," she patiently explained.

We are in for it. That was as good an excuse as I've ever heard from anyone.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

that made me laugh outloud, Gilly is too smart....good luck with that :)

Martha said...

Heh heh heh.... She's definitley going to keep you on your toes. That's probably got to be the hardest thing about having such an intelligent kid -- outsmarting them!