Tuesday, December 16, 2008

News

We have NEWS. There's good reason for my slack posting of late. It's because I have been racked with the exhaustion of early pregnancy...it feels weird to write that- I'm PREGNANT again. God willing, I'll stay that way until this baby is term. Early pregnancy with Gillian was a blur of sleep, naps, barely making it through my work day, and vague nausea. This time the sleepies are a hundred times worse because there is a toddler to attend to, and the nap options are few and far between. Luckily, we are just about out of the first trimester, and that is passing, along with the feeling of constantly being hung over. There is something surreal about going to bed by 8:30 every night and never feeling rested and being on a almost strictly-carb diet because only carbs have been kind to my stomach. The first trimester this time has been so much harder than with Gillian because I can't take care of myself first.

So, I was trying to post a little video of Baby B-we have yet to select a nickname-but my DVD reader is not cooperating. Photos of our two inch long wonder will have to do. We saw *him* at our ultrasound for the sequential screen last Friday (*Sean thinks this is a he, and through complicated logic, made the argument that he is a better guesser than I am, which wouldn't be all that impressive a claim (I was convinced Gillian was a boy so much that for 20 weeks I called her "he"). He was a little wiggly, but not the spastic little jumping bean Gillian was. For the record, I wouldn't mind if this child is mellow.

We have mentioned this to Gillian a few times, but it is beyond intangible. Her thoughts are kindof like this:

"Mama wants a brother
Gilly wants a sister
Papa wants a boy"

or "Gilly wants a sister-Mama go get one!"

or "There's a baby in Mama's tummy-So Yummy, So Yummy!"

I wish I could say I have been as consumed by this experience as I was the first time-when I ready every fetal development book that exists in my giddiness. But, I'm too tired. I'm just trying to function on a basic level. One thing that hasn't changed is my worrying that something could go wrong, but luckily I don't have the time to obssess over that worry like I did before.

Speaking of time and sleepiness.... Here are pics of our Little One at 11 weeks 2 days (1.75 inches long, with fully visible little hands and feet, nose, mouth, and eyes):
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Martha said...

"slack posting" is right! Don't you know your blog & pictures are one of my favorite diversions?? I miss getting to read several new posts each week!

But it's for an extremely worthy cause... :)

Thanks for posting the pics -- they are amazing. Did you get to hear the heartbeat? Hang in there...

Michelle said...

Yep-heard it on the 4th: 160-165 beats per minute and sounding good! I'm feeling better, and promise to get back on the posting wagon! There's a lot on my mind that would be nice to write about after the madness of the holidays...

btw-hope you get our package soon. I was waiting for something (err.Hmm. No gifts here. Not violating The Rule. Nope-never. Not me.) before I sent it. Sorry for the late Christmas card!

Roxanne said...

COngrats!!!So excited for you! we will be praying & I LOVE LOVE that Gilly says "baby in mama's tummy Yummy! That is precious....and a little disturbing :)

JKJ said...

Congrats again! I totally hear ya on not feeling as in-tuned to every moment of the second pregnancy like you were in the first. I've gone thru minor waves of self-induced guilt over that one, but I'm trusting our little Number 2's will forgive us and understand that they are just as precious! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!