Sunday, November 23, 2008

Crumbs

As Gillian fills my bedroom with the aroma of Vicks and the sound of Darth Vader with a chest cold (and insomnia for me), I am reflecting on a happier scene a few days ago.

I use to think Barney was the spawn of Satan. But, as nauseating sticky sweet as it is (what with all those Elysian cheeky-smiling, well mannered, polite, and respectful children), there is something to be said for teaching my daughter this:


There are worse things than a saccharine display of adoration by your devoted (at least in that particular moment) toddler.

2 comments:

JKJ said...

I couldn't agree more! Jonah loves watching his (one) Barney video, and when he sings this song I have to admit...I melt :) It's the kiss I am guaranteed that really does me in! Gilly's looking beautiful as ever...

Martha said...

oh how SWEET!! So glad you got that captured on video. That little girl adores her momma!