Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy

It was an absolutely perfect day. We met Megan and Francie up at the beach/playground, and the girls had a blast and we soaked up the warm sun.. even got a little burnt. Lots of friends stopped by to play in the sand with us and then we went for lunch where the bonding continued. The girls held hands and talked all the way home, then we came home and took a nap (both of us).

After nap our friends Amanda and AJ came over to play. Our little neighborhood block had a party, where Gillian got ahold of two helium balloons and systematically forgot about each of them long enough for them to fly away (the second time, AJ, who is ever sympathetic, cried on Gillian's behalf and when we asked what was wrong he said "I don't knowwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"). We got out the pool and had loads of neighborly fun with Elliot and his folks, Darla, and some other friends, and grilled and enjoyed the gorgeous weather.

Scenes:

Amanda, who is amazing, sewed this beautiful quilt for the baby from squares people made at the shower (and that Gillian drew), and brought it today for us. These kinds of gifts mean so so much to me, and I have moments of tremendous gratefulness, and they are so humbling... Thank you for reminding me again that I am loved so much...
Also, The Belly is reaching epic proportions. I now officially have honest-to-God stretch marks on the underside of my bellybutton (and God does my stomach ITCH; not scratching myself until I am weak and bleeding is taking serious effort...and for what it's worth, rubbing instead of scratching is unsatisfying, but I am managing). I think if she decides to stay put for a couple more weeks, I'll have a whole lot more.After the festivities, Darla and I went to the grocery store, and on the way home, we saw a billboard on a local restaurant that read, "Finally, a sunny Sunday!"

Amen!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Ah, SO glad to hear you had such a lovely day with great weather and great friends. Very good for the soul. Hope you have many more to come.

You look BEAUTIFUL!!!

Roxanne said...

makes me miss Chicago & you all so much!! Enjoy- what an amazing quilt!! You look awesome- hang in!