Thursday, June 11, 2009

Frustrated

Can someone tell me why it is still in the 50s in mid June at my house? After the miserable winter we had, I was sure we would be afforded a nice summer. I suppose it has been decent if you live in the suburbs, but it has consistently been about 20 degrees colder where we live (by Lake Michigan) all spring. Here is the forecast for the next three days, for example. I am beginning to hate the "except by the lake" part:

Rest of Today
Showers and thunderstorms in the morning... then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s...except in the upper 50s near the lake. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 100 percent.

Friday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s...except in the upper 50s near the lake. East winds around 10 mph.

Saturday
Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 70s...except in the upper 50s near the lake. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

I know the cool is keeping me looking human and not like a blimp, but for Gillian's sake, it would be great if we could get out and enjoy the beach and playgrounds with SUMMER clothes on. You know, since it's summer and all. Maybe even do Wednesday playdate outside on a day that's NOT RAINING or threatening to rain.

I am whining. I know that. I have given myself permission since I am grouchy today. Maybe soon I'll be 30 lbs lighter and hanging outside in a tank top with my girls. Maybe with a beer, even. That'll keep me going....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto Michelle, however, technically it is not summer until 6/21...so, it has been a cold rainy spring. I still have hope for summer and beach time for you and your girls.

Kate R.

Michelle said...

Label it summer or spring.... the average temp should be 80ish :-(

I want to get the baby pool out and have fun in the sun days with the kids!!!! I was sadly reviewing last June's pics, and there were lots of tank tops and dresses. I just feel that we're getting more lake cooling this year than any of the other 7 we have lived here.

I'm paranoid that we won't have summer weather at all. At that point, I will reassess whether I can live here anymore...the Floridian in me is dying inside :-P I have to have a couple of nice months to recharge!