Sunday, January 21, 2007

When hell freezes over...

Go Bears! The City of Chicago is deliriously ecstatic, as we watched our boys spank the Saints (although I think all of us were sweating at the start of the 3rd quarter). We are officially going to the Superbowl!!! (but please GOD spare me the most assuredly endless playing of the Superbowl Shuffle for the next two weeks)

Sorry to any Charbonnets/O'Learys who are reading this, but we here were rooting for our hometown team this go 'round!! One can't discount the gains of the Saints in a single season, and if we didn't live in Chicago we would have been pulling for ya'll. I am thinking we [we being the collective of Chicago sports fans] might spontaneously combust with our multi-team successes over the past few years, but after dry spells like we have had for the excitement of championship games (no kidding-serious dry spells-like, 58 YEARS for the Cubs in 2003) I think I speak for the Collective We when I say I'll take 'em all bunched up like a pack of late CTA buses any day.

0 comments: